Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, lemony salt and black pepper cod on a gratin dauphinois potatoes. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Learn how to Make a Potato Gratin Dauphinois recipe. A rich and delicious potatoes au gratin dish. Potatoes au Gratin is the ultimate potato recipe!
Lemony Salt and Black Pepper Cod on a Gratin Dauphinois Potatoes is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Lemony Salt and Black Pepper Cod on a Gratin Dauphinois Potatoes is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook lemony salt and black pepper cod on a gratin dauphinois potatoes using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Lemony Salt and Black Pepper Cod on a Gratin Dauphinois Potatoes:
- Get Fish Ingredients
- Prepare 1 Cod Fillet
- Make ready 20 g Cherry Tomato (halved)
- Take 2 Lemon (zest and Juice)
- Make ready Seasoning (Salt and Black Pepper)
- Get Relish Ingredients
- Make ready 2 Medium sized Plum Tomatoes (Finely Sliced)
- Take 2 Medium Sized Red Onion(Finely Sliced)
- Make ready 1 Lime (Juice only)
- Make ready 2 Garlic Cloves(minced)
- Get 1 Tsp Light Soy Sauce
- Take 2 Tsp Demerara Sugar
- Prepare Dauphinois Ingredients
- Make ready 2 Large Baking Potatoes(finely sliced)
- Take 2 Tbsp Butter
- Prepare Pinch Dried Thyme
- Make ready Seasoning(salt and black pepper)
- Prepare 1 Cup Double Cream
- Get 2 Cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Prepare 1 Garlic Clove(minced)
The ultimate recipe for French scalloped potatoes or Gratin Dauphinois. Includes the secret trick for perfectly cooked potatoes and a golden and bubbly I don't add black pepper to the dish, because I prefer to grind it fresh at the table, but if I have chives (ciboulette) on hand, I'll snip and sprinkle some. Potatoes Baked in Milk and Cream (Gratin Dauphinois). Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Steps to make Lemony Salt and Black Pepper Cod on a Gratin Dauphinois Potatoes:
- Prep the dauphinois potatoes: melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat and add double cream, thyme and garlic; combine thoroughly until a smooth consistency is achieved. Tip: ensure it don’t overcook. Layer the sliced potatoes in a ceramic oven dish; pour in the butter mix and cover the with baking parchment(optional).
- Preheat oven at 180’C. Place the oven dish in the center rack and cook for 15-20mins.(till potatoes are softened). Remove from the oven and add cheese. Return back to the oven and cook for further 10mins.
- Meanwhile, cut the cod fillets into finger sized portions. Season with salt, black pepper and combine with lemon juice+zest and cherry tomatoes. Wrap in a baking parchment and place in an oven dish with water(a cup). Oven cook at 180’C for 10-15mins.
- Relish making: Heat up a drizzle of oil in a sauce pan. Add the plum tomatoes, onions and garlic. Sweat for 5-7mins. Add the light soy sauce and simmer for 2 mins. Then add the Demerara sugar and simmer for another 2-3 mins.
- Serving Suggestions
Lay the slices on a clean tea towel and pat dry. Keep them covered with the tea towel while you prepare the rest of the ingredients. This was a really nice homey dish for a cold night. I'm not sure it would still be traditional au Gratin but I think next time I'll layer some cheese between the fish and sauce for As a Newfoundlander I have to say that this is definitely the best Cod Au Gratin recipe out there! The dauphinois, a rich gratin of sliced potatoes and cream, is not, unlike the deep-fried potato profiteroles that so flummoxed MasterChef contestants last year, named after royalty - but in my opinion it deserves to be.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food lemony salt and black pepper cod on a gratin dauphinois potatoes recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!